The practice aims to deliver the best possible care to all of its patients in a safe and appropriate environment using appropriate staff and techniques. In order to provide this high standard of care the patient should consider his/her rights and responsibilities when engaging with the practice.
We believe the patients should always have the following rights:
- The right to be treated in a courteous and efficient manner by the appropriately trained staff.
- To be offered equal treatment comparable to others and therefore not to be discriminated by race, gender, social class, age, religion, sexual orientation, appearance, disability or medical condition.
- To be treated in an environment that is safe and meets national guidelines.
- To have all information protected by the Data Protection Act and national guidelines on Patient Confidentiality.
- Be able to access Medical Records in line with national guidelines.
- Be free to comment on the services provided by Moor Green Lane Medical Centre.
To help provide the best care possible for our local community, we expect that patients are able to:
- To treat the staff of Moor Green Lane Medical Centre in a courteous manner offering all information perceived to aid in your treatment.
- To be courteous to all other patients at Moor Green Lane Medical Centre
- To maintain all appointments or provide at least 24 hours notice of cancellation in order to offer another patient the valuable consultation time
- To maintain the Doctor – Patient relationship
- To take action on advice given by clinicians and administrative staff.