The surgery provides the following services for all registered patients:
Help staying healthy
- Advice on preventing illness
- Advice on managing a long-term health condition
- Cervical screening (smear tests)
- Contraceptive services (emergency and routine)
- Childhood immunisations
- Travel vaccinations and advice
- Womens’ health
- Mens’ health
- Child health
- Cardiovascular care including:
– anticoagulant dosing
– ischaemic heart disease screening, prevention and management
– other circulatory disease screening, prevention and management
- Treatment for minor injuries and illnesses including wounds, cuts, bruises, sprains, strains and minor burns.
- Antenatal (pregnancy) care
- Smoking cessation service
- Chronic kidney disease monitoring
- Palliative (end of life) care
- Health screening
- Cholesterol and blood sugar testing
- Blood pressure checks
- Chronic Disease Management, e.g Asthma, Diabetes, Heart Disease.
Non-NHS Medical Examinations
The doctors carry out medical examinations e.g. for driving licence, insurance,etc. Please note there is sometimes a charge for this service. Please ask at reception for further information.
Nail Care Clinic
This clinic runs Tuesday afternoons 14:00 – 15:30. The first consultation incurs a small fee of £15 which includes the purchase of your footcare equipment. Subsequent appointments fee is £10.
Dr David Evans , is a fully qualified Osteopath, registered with the General Osteopathic Council and is regarded as a specialist in spinal pain owing to his PhD on the subject. He runs the Birmingham Back Pain Clinic within River Brook Medical Centre.
David aims to provide safe, effective treatment of musculoskeletal disorders, including back, neck and joint pain plus the treatment of sports injuries. The Clinic is operated on a private fee-paying basis, although most private health insurance companies (e.g. BUPA , AXA PPP , Aviva , PruHealth ) will cover the treatment provided ( click here for more info).
The Clinic currently operates between the times given below, although David endeavours to treat emergency cases within 24 hours where possible. Appointments must be booked in advance – a ‘drop-in’ service is not offered, although same day appointments are usually available.
Monday 9.00am – 6.00 pm
Wednesday 9.00am – 12.30pm
Friday 9.00am – 6.00 pm
For further information, visit David’s website at www.backpainclinic.co.uk
Appointment can now be booked online via the above link
Minor Surgery Clinic
Our minor surgery clinic includes the removal of cysts, moles, lumps and skin tags, treatment for ingrowing toe nails, cryo therapy (for verucas and warts) and joint injections.
This clinic runs on a weekly basis on a Monday afternoon (days may vary).
Patients must be referred by a General Practitioner in order to make use of this service.
Wherever possible we do this as a one stop clinic so you will assessment and treated in the appointment.